webpage assignment

Friday, November 5, 2010

blog assignment 8

 BEFORE
AFTER
The original image of my facebook profile picture is in normal color and you can clearly tell what and where I am. The location is a sandy beach and my body color is normal. You can clearly see me and my smile. In the altered image, the focus of the image is blurred and the background is extremely hard to identify. The color of the background and my white T-shirt blend together, making it hard for the viewer to connect.
I decided to alter my image this way to present the idea that simple changes in the media and in photographs can alter anyone’s perception and understanding of where, when, and how the picture was taken. The alterations I made present the idea that with simple color schemes and changes, a background can be mistaken for somewhere else or the expressions of the person identified can be changed.
There are many discourses present in the original and the altered image. A family discourse is present, in the fact that many families to photographs like this with their entire family signifying the American culture of a happy and connected family. Also a media discourse is present because the emphasis is focused on the center image and the media tend to present ideas creating a focus and try to persuade viewers into certain opinions by using color schemes and emphasis.


No comments:

Post a Comment