webpage assignment

Friday, September 24, 2010

my onlien persona: facebook

Shaun Mayberry

facebook persona

Facebook gives a wide range of details on a person’s personality and lifestyle. Through the pictures, videos, and comments any viewer can find a vast number of details on a person’s life.

Many facebooker’s have their phone numbers, and even their home addresses present in their profile, which could be of some concern. I myself am a frequent facebook user. My persona is presented in the way my pictures are set up and the comments I make.

I feel that many of my pictures are picture of me having a good time. This sends the message to the viewer that I am fun and love to go out. But I have been very careful to consider possible job offers that look at facebook as references. I have considered that these pictures can be seen by anyone. So if you take a look at my site, you will see that I am very professional and love to have a good time. If any business takes a look at my profile, I feel that they will not be disappointed and I have set my profile up in such a manner.

Many of the friends that are found on facebook are generated from a person’s social networks.

Many of my friends, for example, are friends from highschool or college; but I do have a few professional friends and networks that help me in my career building. Much of facebook’s success is from college students, because that is where it originated. So it is no surprise that many of facebook user’s friends generate from their social networks of other students. But also the older recent demographic of facebook user’’s tend to stick with their social networks as well, including family members and work friends in their social environments.

Facebook is an extreme expression of someone’s life and traditions. It differs greatly from traditional forms of representations like photo albums, home videos, and diaries.

Facebook’s attributes can be seen by almost anyone in the world. Many of the older traditional forms of representative, were placed in living rooms of family members, and were only seen every few years. facebook representative is completely widely expressed to a large audience. The expression of one’s self on facebook is a statement declaring someone’s style and manner. I feel that older versions like photo albums, dairies, and videos, have all been combined into facebook. And as mentioned before, the facebook can be seen world-wide, and not only by family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment